Foreign tourist arrivals to Bali in August 2013 totaled 309,180 that’s a 22.17% increase over the 254,020 visitors in August 2012.
On a cumulative basis for the first eight months of 2013, foreign tourist arrivals to Bali hit 2,100,079 – a total that is 11.55% ahead of the same period in 2012.
On the assumption that Bali will sustain an 11.55% growth rate through the end of 2013, the Island will end the year with 3.226 million foreign visitors.
• The Winners
Growth in foreign tourists visitors to Bali is coming primarily from the following markets:
• Mainland China up 23.59% year-to-date and now the 2nd largest source of tourist visitor to Bali after Australia.
• Japan up 14.19% year-to-date. The 3rd largest source of foreign visitors to Bali is staging something of a comeback, steadily regaining lost ground after five years of steadily declining arrivals.
• Taiwanese arrivals are up 27.3%, dramatically regaining ground lost in 2012.
• Singapore arrivals are at an all-time high, increasing 13.05% year-to-date through the end of August. Singapore is now the 7th largest source of Bali visitors.
• U.S.A. arrivals have increased 10.42% during the first eight months of 2013 and are operating at record levels.
• German visitors are up 17.25% year-to-date with 62,690 visitors through the end of August.
• Russian visitors year-to-date have increased 10.07%.
• The Dutch market has improve 10.07% year-to-date through the end of August with 44,484 visitors.
Indian visitors are a new and emerging source of visitors to Bali. Now ranked 14th among all markets, Indian visitors increased 42.85% totaling 42,616 through the end of August. Indian visitors are poised to soon outpace Dutch visitors to the Island.
The Runners Up
• Australian visitors remain the top source of visitors to Bali totaling 530,861 through the end of August. But, the days of double-digit growth from the Australian market appear to be at an end with year-to-date arrives ex-Australia down 0.64%.
U.K. arrivals to Bali have also gone flat, decreasing 0.50% year-to-date through the end of August.